Welcome to the NDSU Department of Mathematics.
For comments or questions, please contact
Dr. Benton Duncan,
our Department Chair, at 701.231.6956.
National Math Festival and Fargo-Moorhead-West Fargo Math Fest
April 16-18 has been declared as the National Math Festival by the Math Sciences Research Institute and the Institute for Advanced Studies. Aligned with this event, the Department of Mathematics at NDSU is
also organizing a series of mathematical activities in several area elementary and middle schools during the weeks of April 6-10 and April 13-17. During this time faculty, graduate students and undergraduate
students from NDSU will visit several classrooms in elementary and middle schools and conduct exciting and fun grade-appropriate activities. The activities planned include presentations by faculty and graduate
students, playing engaging mathematics games with all students, and having students working on hands-on mathematics projects. These activities will culminate with a Math Fair at NDSU, Room 112 in Minard Hall
(1210 Albrecht Boulevard, Fargo) on Friday, April 17, from 5:30 pm and 7:30 pm. All students, parents and teachers are invited to participate in Math Fair activities and some competitive math games. For more
information, please contact Dr. Mariangel Alfonseca at 231-8254 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Dogan Comez at 231-7490 or by e-mail email@example.com.
| The NDSU Mathematics Department will host an NSF-CBMS regional conference 27 – 31 July 2015.
More information is available at the Conference webpage.
The mission of the Department of Mathematics is teaching, research and
other scholarly activities in the discipline; providing quality education
to our B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. students and post-doctoral associates; and
influencing the mathematical climate of the region positively. The
Department strives for excellence in teaching its majors and service courses,
while providing stimulating and informative courses. Assessment of student learning
is a prime goal of the Department. The Department's research activities include pure
and applied mathematics.
News and Announcements:
- Odds 'n N's: The newsletter of the NDSU
- Saba Al-Kaseasbeh and Mark Batell successfully defended their PhD dissertations in August 2014.
- María de los Ángeles Alfonseca-Cubero was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure starting in August 2014.
- Leo Butler and Susan Cooper are new tenure-track faculty members in the department starting in August 2014.
- Trevor McGuire and Caroline Turnage-Butterbaugh are visiting faculty members in the department starting in August 2014.
- Hannah Altmann and Liz Sattler were awarded ND EPSCoR Doctoral Dissertation Fellowships starting in August 2014.
- Jessica Striker was awarded an NSA research grant starting in 2015.
- More news